It makes me so sad to read about the mural on Catfish Alley. When will people realize that this is our town and when you deface and try to destroy, that you are doing it to all of us?
As you are aware, my son Ralph, and his friend, David Knighten, were brutally beaten at the Huddle House in West Point early Saturday morning. The senselessness of this crime has cast a pall over not only the victims and their families, but over our entire community as well.
After reading the editorial about privatizing Public Works in The Dispatch Thursday I'm still asking myself, "Why in the world did David Armstrong suggest a tax increase was inevitable and why would he not want to allow the company to do an audit, free of charge to us, in order to advise us on whether it would be a money saving move or not?
1. Lynn Spruill: A city Halloween policy? LOCAL COLUMNS
2. Voice of the people: Gerald and Alice Scallions LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
3. Thomas Sowell: Predatory journalism NATIONAL COLUMNS
4. Ask Rufus: Ghosts of the Tombigbee LOCAL COLUMNS
5. Roses and thorns: 10/26/14 ROSES & THORNS