When does the voice of the people no longer matter? Is it when the voice of the governed is silenced?
The voters have spoken. My white kitten, Chuck Younger, is named after Mississippi's most recently elected state senator.
As predicted, the Ferguson grand jury decided not to indict police officer Darren Wilson in the fatal shooting of Michael Brown. And as expected, chaos erupted and violence swept through the streets.
As per your story on Veteran's Day about the oldest veteran in Lowndes County, I believe Dr. Robert Gilbert at age 99 years and 5 months is a WWII army vet living in Lowndes County.
Last year I wrote a letter to the editor over my dissatisfaction with the fans at Mississippi State home games.
Living in this area after having come from another state, I ask this with much less history here than most of my fellow readers: "Do we try to obtain as much information as we can about the people listed on our ballots before we vote?"
I think more information needs to be shared with the public on who came up with the formula, and its merits. Will more money help students want to learn, be motivated, and take initiative?
1. Our View: An example, an inspiration, a challenge DISPATCH EDITORIALS
2. Our View: Council should interview school board candidates in public DISPATCH EDITORIALS
3. Voice of the people: Anne Freeze LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
4. Voice of the people: Carl Lee LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
5. Voice of the people: Dianne Rueff LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)