Over the last seventy years, I have read, studied and taught history. So a passage in a letter by one of the paper's frequent contributors caught my attention: "You can try to change your thoughts of history, but you can't change history."
1. Ask Rufus: 200,000 Cousins LOCAL COLUMNS
2. Roses and thorns 11/19/17 ROSES & THORNS
3. Possumhaw: Life is so very, very good LOCAL COLUMNS
4. Steve Chapman: No, Roy Moore, God won't solve our problems NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Patrick Buchanan: Is America up for a second cold war? NATIONAL COLUMNS