Golden Triangle developers confirm Yokohama Tire Corporation considered locating in both Oktibbeha and Lowndes counties, but massive infrastructure needs took both counties out of the running.
Plans remain on track for workers to break ground in September on the first phase of Clay County's Yokohama tire manufacturing plant, Golden Triangle Development Link CEO Joe Max Higgins told the Link's board of directors Wednesday.
Lowndes County's unemployment numbers were down six-tenths of a percent from March, continuing a trend that has occurred yearly since 1996.
Austin Shafer, Greater Starkville Development Partnership's vice president for membership and the chamber of commerce, will leave the Partnership at the end of the month and assume a new role with BankFirst Financial Services' local branch.
Every Memorial Day, Drs. Richard and Judie Holmes commemorate the life of their son, a United States Army veteran who paid the ultimate price for his time in uniform.
1. Body of second boy recovered COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Searchers mourn death of 9-year-old COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Search continues for boy feared drowned COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Man in custody after shooting girlfriend COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Turner unseats Stewart in close Ward 4 runoff COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY