Deputies with Lowndes County Sheriff's Office are investigating a Columbus man's murder after his body was found in a ditch along Burns Road Thursday morning.
Two Columbus police officers had to be tested for COVID-19 after a woman who had tested positive for the virus entered the police station without wearing a mask to talk to them.
In the two-plus weeks since Lowndes County District 1 Supervisor Harry Sanders made his now-infamous comments following a board meeting about Black people remaining "dependent" since slavery ended, the voices calling for Sanders to resign from the board have been thunderous.
Truth be told, you just can't beat Southern cooking. Pearl's Southern Cooking, 7066 Hwy. 45 N., is officially open in West Point with soul food specials and Southern delights.
Thirty-six houses are coming to the corner of Reed Road and Westside Drive in Starkville, with the goal of housing the city's low-to-middle-income residents, Oxford-based developer Stewart Rutledge said.
1. Baptist Memorial faces lawsuit for negligence COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Lowndes County Sheriff's Office investigating suspected homicide COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Sanders steps down as supes president, does not resign COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. 'We're going to smoke him out': Protesters undaunted by Sanders' refusal to resign Tuesday COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Supes grapple with how to move forward with Sanders still on board COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY