A ruling by a federal court in Michigan calling it unconstitutional for law enforcement to mark tires of parked vehicles with chalk to enforce parking ordinances doesn't apply to Mississippi, but some area officials say it may affect the Golden Triangle anyway.
At 2 a.m. Nov. 4, Dennis Jones received a call from the alarm company that protects his business. A window at Refrigeration Supply Company on Tuscaloosa Road was broken, the call reported, and Jones dutifully went to check on it. Turns out, there was a lot more to it than that.
Since 2017, Lowndes County Deputy Chancery Clerk Cindy Eggar Goode has been building up her office's online database of records, scanning in thousands of documents and carefully recording each one.
Liliana Abrams, 14 months, dances to the music of Dawn Barham during Noon Tunes in Columbus Wednesday afternoon. Liliana is the daughter of Autumn Wright and Randy Abrams.
1. Man sentenced to 30 years for Camelot Apartments death STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. J5, Edwards accrue hefty IRS tax liens COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Two injured after being shot in vehicle on Hwy. 82 STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Former Starkville parks director pleads guilty to defrauding state STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Gray new Volunteer Columbus director COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY