Recently, an article ran in The Commercial Dispatch concerning the Lowndes County Community Work Program. In that article, a Lowndes County Supervisor said he wants judges to issue contempt of court warrants the day after someone does not show up for the work program. He indicated that warrants are not immediately being issued due to bureaucracy and judges "not wanting to do their d*** jobs."
1. Roses and thorns: 1/22/17 ROSES & THORNS
2. Healthcare clinic a positive move DISPATCH EDITORIALS
3. Patrick J. Buchanan: New president, new world NATIONAL COLUMNS
4. Partial to Home: Unclaimed baggage LOCAL COLUMNS
5. Editorial cartoons for 1-20-17 NATIONAL COLUMNS