Sunday's paper held many well-reasoned letters concerning the "Confederate battle flag."
Although I find many of your political cartoons, mostly taken from the Atlanta Constitution, objectionable and divisive, I find the one from June 25 to reach a new low.
I had ancestors who fought and died in the Civil War. I am proud of the Confederate blood in my veins.
The recent article, "A Northern Perspective," by one of your reporters prompted me to respond to his comments about the South in general, and in particular his take on the mindset of the Southerner concerning his Civil War heritage and the ambivalence of the Northerner concerning his own.
Mississippi needs a new flag. This is not because it is politically correct to do so but because it is just plain, flat-out correct to do so.
1. Our View: State flag is bad for Mississippi's brand DISPATCH EDITORIALS
2. Patrick Buchanan: Quo vadis, America? NATIONAL COLUMNS
3. Our View: State flag is bad for Mississippi's brand DISPATCH EDITORIALS
4. Editorial Cartoon for 7-2-15 NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Patrick Buchanan: Quo vadis, America? NATIONAL COLUMNS