I was part of the fortunate audience this past week who saw the Columbus Arts Council Community Theatre production of Thornton Wilder's "Our Town," part of the Big Read event for the past several months sponsored by the CAC and the National Endowment of the Arts.
What part of the Constitution are the power brokers of both parties using to governing the country? From the lobbyists to the political power brokers, "we the people" have lost our voice. The president has his phone and his "Bic" pen to issue executive orders.
Every year when I go to the courthouse to purchase my car tag, I get upset. Why? I am a veteran of the Vietnam era, and I pay the extra $30 to proudly display my veteran tag. Why should I have to pay an extra $30? Haven't I and my brothers and sisters who have served already paid that price!
Americans are again hearing debate on TV and in the print media -- including Time magazine -- about whether the U.S. should send ground troops to Iraq to fight ISIS. I do not think America should go in again.
1. Our View: IHL Board would be wise to reverse Jones decision DISPATCH EDITORIALS
2. Slimantics: Winners all LOCAL COLUMNS
3. Our View: Starkville should approve garbage-rate increase DISPATCH EDITORIALS
4. Kathleen Parker: Inexcusable wackiness in the Senate NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Lynn Spruill: Garbage bags LOCAL COLUMNS