For the past 50-plus years now we have heard it preached how local and state governments need to be racially and gender balanced. I think we can all agree that they really should be. It can be a very good thing for any city to be that way and it shows modern day thinking, especially when the better candidates are elected.
I write in response to the Jan. 21 editorial in which The Dispatch calls upon me to veto the vote of the majority of the Columbus City Council to appoint Oscar Lewis Columbus chief of police.
Maybe when a new chief is appointed and with some new guidelines implemented to procedure and such, we can finally let our city police department get back to their job, keeping us safe.
Sunday's article on the decline of hunting hinted at several reasons. Allow me to voice my views.
1. Our View: City's appeal of ruling is a continued assault on open government DISPATCH EDITORIALS
2. Voice of the people: Presley Hutchens LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
3. Editorial Cartoon for 2-8-16 NATIONAL COLUMNS
4. Editorial cartoon for 2-9-16 NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Possumhaw: Consume chocolate while you may LOCAL COLUMNS