I was quite disappointed with the inaccuracies in Jeff Clark's article Sunday, which reported on a lawsuit against Mayor Robert Smith, Brandy Gardner and Kennetra Floyd filed by a Monique Montgomery in an attempt to force the Mayor's Youth Council (MYC) to take her daughter on a trip to Hattiesburg.
As a result of House Republicans holding the debt ceiling hostage and refusing to raise the debt limit in the summer of 2011 (paying the bills they had already approved)...the United States credit rating was immediately lowered, causing borrowing costs to increase for everyone and slowing growth.
1. Ask Rufus: The Black Prairie of 1835 LOCAL COLUMNS
2. Roses and thorns: 2/19/17 ROSES & THORNS
3. Partial to Home: Icebergs as big as houses LOCAL COLUMNS
4. Patrick J. Buchanan: The deep state targets Trump NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Steve Chapman: Trump's strange coziness with the Kremlin NATIONAL COLUMNS