After reading the editorial about privatizing Public Works in The Dispatch Thursday I'm still asking myself, "Why in the world did David Armstrong suggest a tax increase was inevitable and why would he not want to allow the company to do an audit, free of charge to us, in order to advise us on whether it would be a money saving move or not?
Ever since I moved back from Memphis to Columbus, I have been wondering why the Varsity Twin has not been renovated by Hope Community Church.
In his Sunday column ("The accidental Klansman," July 13, 2014), Slim Smith writes about the strange phenomenon of people seeing the likeness of a Ku Klux Klansman in the statue atop the Confederate monument on the Lowndes County Court House lawn.
I was appalled to see an ad in this newspaper from a local restaurant advertising blue marlin fish as a special.
1. Lynn Spruill: Meditation LOCAL COLUMNS
2. Our View: It's easy to get excited about college football DISPATCH EDITORIALS
3. George Will: Navy with a mission in mind NATIONAL COLUMNS
4. Froma Harrop: The smallness of being in economy class NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Our View: Body cameras can protect citizens, police alike DISPATCH EDITORIALS