So, let me get this straight. I'm observed driving down the road recklessly in front of Club Heidiho.
Thanks for the item in Sunday's Dispatch; I do agree to keeping leaders of the Legislature and state offices, as well as local offices, accountable.
According to Wyatt Emmerich Mississippi is vastly improving fiscally and in government accountability and openness under Republican leadership.
I have thought about this all weekend and simply cannot let it slide. On Friday, Jan. 10 there was an article in "Our View." I have no idea who wrote the piece, but they, glaringly, solidified their view with two words.
Talented Rufus Ward indicated in his column in Sunday's Dispatch that the British last fought the Battle of New Orleans on Jan. 8, 1815. I rarely question Rufus' capabilities in the history category. However, here I must point out that there is currently being waged another battle of New Orleans with the British.
If you happen to be one of those who enjoy politics as a blood sport, 2014's midterm election promises to be a carnival of gore. And that's just in the Republican Party. Democrats must be giddy.
1. Mississippi Voices: Cochran's tea party challenger NATIONAL COLUMNS
2. Ask Rufus: Stand Fast Mississippians LOCAL COLUMNS
3. Birney Imes: On the road with Louie and Sprocket LOCAL COLUMNS
4. Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Kathleen Parker: The new SAT don't care 'bout no fancy words NATIONAL COLUMNS