Ever since I moved back from Memphis to Columbus, I have been wondering why the Varsity Twin has not been renovated by Hope Community Church.
In his Sunday column ("The accidental Klansman," July 13, 2014), Slim Smith writes about the strange phenomenon of people seeing the likeness of a Ku Klux Klansman in the statue atop the Confederate monument on the Lowndes County Court House lawn.
I was appalled to see an ad in this newspaper from a local restaurant advertising blue marlin fish as a special.
On Page 8A of the June 25, 2014, Dispatch, I see the article titled "Highway loop construction nears end."
1. Slimantics: The man who wouldn't go home LOCAL COLUMNS
2. John Brocato: Encounter with a stranger in need LOCAL COLUMNS
3. Rheta Johnson: You got TRBL NATIONAL COLUMNS
4. Froma Harrop: Will the blabbermouths wake Democrats up? NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Susan Estrich: False equivalence NATIONAL COLUMNS