A rose to New Hope baseball coach Lee Boyd who frequently deflected credit for the Trojans' back-to-back state Class 5A baseball champions away from himself and to his players. While his players certainly deserve their share of the credit, Boyd's contributions are difficult to dismiss.
1. Our View: School board appointments: Status quo or no? DISPATCH EDITORIALS
2. Possumhaw: Finding daffodils in hard ground LOCAL COLUMNS
3. Slimantics: Mullen raises the bar of expectations LOCAL COLUMNS
4. Voice of the people: Debbie Wilkins Whitfield LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
5. Froma Harrop: Open Internet survives weird politics NATIONAL COLUMNS