A rose to the five local schools who improved their grades in the Mississippi Department of Education's annual assessment, released Friday.
A rose to New Hope baseball coach Lee Boyd who frequently deflected credit for the Trojans' back-to-back state Class 5A baseball champions away from himself and to his players. While his players certainly deserve their share of the credit, Boyd's contributions are difficult to dismiss.
1. Our View: IHL Board would be wise to reverse Jones decision DISPATCH EDITORIALS
2. Slimantics: Winners all LOCAL COLUMNS
3. Lynn Spruill: Garbage bags LOCAL COLUMNS
4. Our View: Starkville should approve garbage-rate increase DISPATCH EDITORIALS
5. Kathleen Parker: Inexcusable wackiness in the Senate NATIONAL COLUMNS