A rose to Columbus Ward 1 Councilman Gene Taylor, whose persistence has paid off in repairs at 13 railroad crossing on the Southside.
A rose to the Columbus Falcons and Starkville Yellow Jackets boys' basketball teams for an outstanding season that ended late Saturday when the two teams met for the Class 6-A championship in Jackson.
A rose to the collaborative effort among utility interests to help many of our citizens improve their energy efficiency of their homes.
A rose to everyone who is celebrating Valentine's Day today.
A rose to the Mississippi State women's basketball team, which defeated Tennessee for the first time in school history, snapping a 36-game losing streak against one of the nation's most dominant women's basketball programs.
A rose to the community schools, churches and civic organizations for their programs honoring the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. during the holiday set aside to remember the civil rights leader.
1. Ask Rufus: The blues heritage of the Black Prairie LOCAL COLUMNS
2. Bill Crawford: Mississippi needs every federal dollar it can get NATIONAL COLUMNS
3. Leonard Pitts: 'Hillbilly Elegy': a portrait of America's unseen NATIONAL COLUMNS
4. Roses and thorns 8/28/16 ROSES & THORNS
5. Patrick Buchanan: Lots of smoke here, Hillary NATIONAL COLUMNS