February 13, 2018 10:46:42 AM
Travelers flying out of Golden Triangle Regional Airport will have the opportunity to apply for expedited security check-in next month.
From March 5-9, GTR will host its third GTR PreCheck enrollment event, according to a GTR press release. Enrollment in the program allows travelers to pass through security without having to remove shoes, laptops, liquid bags, belts and light jackets at more than 180 U.S. airports, including GTR, for five years.
"We are pleased to offer this service to travelers in our area," GTR Executive Director Mike Hainsey said in the press release. "The nearest enrollment centers are Birmingham and Greenville, making it difficult for those in Northeast Mississippi and West Alabama to participate. We are always looking for ways to better serve our community."
To enroll in the program, travelers must apply in person at the airport and pass a background check, the press release said. The application process takes about 10 minutes and the application fee is $85. Pending a clear background check, travelers will receive notice of enrollment and be assigned a Known Traveler Number.
While walk-in appointments are allowed, the press release recommended travelers make appointments to apply by going to www.gtra.com and clicking on the PreCheck banner.
1. Trio gets 40 years for pizza delivery robberies COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. CAFB pilots released from hospital after crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Check warns Oktibbeha County 'not big enough' for two ambulance services STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Man faces assault charge for Columbus shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Three finalists picked for CMSD superintendent job COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY