The Commercial Dispatch encourages public input in multiple areas of our website. With this comes the risk of abuse. Below are our loose policies on what type of user-submitted content is subject to removal:
The Commercial Dispatch post-moderates comments on news stories and in our Community section. We never censor comments based on political or ideological points of view. Comments/posts that include any of the following transgressions are subject to moderation:
2. Limited License. You may access and view the content on the Web Site on your computer or other device, and make single copies or prints of the content on the Web Site at your own risk and for your personal, non-commercial and internal use only, provided that you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices contained therein and use the same in accordance with all restrictions applicable to your use of the Web Site in general. Use of the Web Site and the services offered on or through the Web Site, are only for your personal, non-commercial use. You may not use the Web Site for commercial purposes or in any way that is unlawful, or harms us or any other person or entity, as determined in our sole discretion.
3. Prohibited Use. Any commercial or promotional distribution, publishing or exploitation of the Web Site, or any content, code, data or materials on the Web Site, is strictly prohibited unless you have received the express prior written permission from authorized personnel of the Newspaper or the otherwise applicable rights holder. Other than as expressly allowed herein, you may not download, post, display, publish, copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit, modify, perform, broadcast, transfer, create derivative works from, sell or otherwise exploit any content, code, data or materials on or available through the Web Site. You further agree that you may not alter, edit, delete, remove, otherwise change the meaning or appearance of, or repurpose, any of the content, code, data, or other materials on or made available through the Web Site. This includes, without limitation, the alteration or removal of any Trademarks (as defined in Section 4 below) or any other proprietary content or proprietary rights notices. If you make other use of the Web Site, or the content, code, data or materials thereon, except as otherwise provided above, you may be subject to liability for such unauthorized use (including, without limitation, for violations of copyright and other applicable laws).
The Web Site is not intended for use by children, especially those under age 13. No one under age 13 is allowed to provide any personal information or use our public discussion areas, forums and chats. To subscribe to newsletters and to participate in other activities where personal information is divulged, you must be 13 or older and by your use thereof, you represent and warrant that you are over the age of 13. Minors between the ages of 13 and 17 should get the permission of their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) before using the Web Site.
4. Trademarks. The trademarks, logos, service marks and trade names (collectively the “Trademarks”) displayed on the Web Site or on content available through the Web Site are registered and unregistered Trademarks of ours and others and may only be used in accordance with Section 2 above, provided that such use may not be likely to cause customer confusion or, in any manner, disparage or discredit their rights holders. All Trademarks not owned by us that appear on the Web Site or on or through the Web Site’s services, if any, are the property of their respective owners. Nothing contained on the Web Site grants, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, or should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on the Web Site without our written permission or that of the third party rights holder.
You hereby appoint us as your agent with full power to enter into and execute any document and/or do any act we may consider appropriate to confirm the grant of rights, consents, agreements, assignments and waivers set forth in these Terms and Conditions.
If you submit a photograph or video, you also agree to, represent and warrant the following: (i) you have the rights necessary to authorize us and our affiliates (and our Representatives) to use such photograph or video as permitted by these Terms and Conditions; (ii) you authorize us and our affiliates (and our Representatives) to use such photograph or video as permitted by these Terms and Conditions; (iii) you have obtained the necessary permissions, if any, for us and our affiliates (and our Representatives) to use such photograph or video in accordance with the Terms and Conditions; and (iv) such photograph or video has not been manipulated or altered in any manner so as to distort or misrepresent any individual or thing depicted in it.
The Newspaper may, from time to time, make messaging services, chat services, bulletin boards, message boards, photo galleries, blogs, user review and ratings forums, other forums and other such services and features available on or through the Web Site to which you may have the opportunity to provide or submit Submitted Materials. In addition to any other rules or regulations that we may post in connection with a particular service or feature, and in addition to the rest of the Terms and Conditions, you represent, warrant and agree that you shall not upload, post, transmit, distribute or otherwise publish through the Web Site or any service or feature made available on or through the Web Site, any materials which are, do, or could reasonably be construed to be or do any of the following:
The Newspaper uses its own cookies for a number of purposes, including:
17. Applicable Laws. We control and operate the Web Site from our offices in the United States of America. We do not represent that materials on the Web Site are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Persons who choose to access the Web Site from other locations do so on their own initiative, and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable. All parties to these terms and conditions waive their respective rights to a trial by jury.
18. Termination. The Newspaper may terminate, change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the Web Site or the Web Site’s services (including, without limitation, content, features or hours of availability), at any time and for any reason. The Newspaper may restrict, suspend or terminate your access to the Web Site and/or its services if we believe you are in breach of our terms and conditions or applicable law, or for any other reason without notice or liability. If we have banned you from the Web Site or any of the services on or available through the Web Site, you may not return to the Web Site for any reason or in any manner. Once you have been banned from use of the Web Site, you may not thereafter use the Web Site under a new username or identity. In the event that you do return, or attempt to return, to the Web Site or a particular service after you have been banned, you will be deemed to have breached these Terms and Conditions, and the Newspaper reserves the rights to obtain reimbursement from you for any costs and expenses incurred to enforce these Terms and Conditions and otherwise to pursue all rights and remedies available to it at law or in equity with respect to such breach. The Newspaper maintains a policy to terminate the Web Site use privileges of users who repeatedly infringe the intellectual property rights of others (including those of the Newspaper).
19. Changes to Terms and Conditions. The Newspaper reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, modify, add or remove any portion of the Terms and Conditions, in whole or in part, at any time. Changes in the Terms and Conditions will be effective when posted. Your continued use of the Web Site and/or the services made available on or through the Web Site after any changes to the Terms and Conditions are posted will be considered acceptance of those changes.
20. Miscellaneous. The Terms and Conditions, and the relationship between you and us, shall be governed by the laws of the State of Mississippi, United States of America, without regard to conflict of law provisions. You agree that any cause of action that may arise under the Terms and Conditions shall be commenced and be heard in the appropriate court in the State of Mississippi, County of Lowndes, United States of America. You agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of such courts. Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the Terms and Conditions is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the Terms and Conditions remain in full force and effect.
The Dispatch does not offer refunds for advertising. If advertising errors are the fault of The Dispatch, a make good insertion or correction will be published. The Dispatch’s liability shall not exceed supplying a correction letter and a make-good ad of an equivalent size to the incorrect item. The Dispatch shall have no responsibility for errors appearing on original copy approved proof of copy or copy submitted after deadline.