Once the very symbol of American industrial might, Detroit became the biggest U.S. city to file for bankruptcy Thursday, its finances ravaged and its neighborhoods hollowed out by a long, slow decline in population and auto manufacturing.
Senators are ready to offer students a better deal on their college loans this fall, but future classes could see higher interest rates.
About $33,000 was spent to sequester the six female jurors who acquitted George Zimmerman of any crime for fatally shooting Trayvon Martin, according to details released Wednesday by the Seminole County Sheriff's Office.
1. MSU student killed in Wednesday wreck STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Arrest report: 12-6-13 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. SED employees recovering after Friday accident STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Arrest report: 12-8-13 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Time's up: City cancels bus service contract COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY