September 19, 2019 10:46:53 AM
A Columbus man was arrested after he allegedly assaulted a romantic partner.
Colton Matthew Bailey, 30, of Riverview Drive, was charged with domestic violence aggravated assault last week for an August incident, according to Lowndes County Sheriff's Office head investigator Lt. Tony Cooper.
Deputies received a call on Aug. 21 from a business on Highway 12 where a woman reported Bailey attacked her. She had been in his truck while they were arguing at their home when he dragged her out and threw her on the ground, breaking her finger.
The victim left the area and went to the Highway 12 business to call 911.
Deputies found and arrested Bailey on Sept. 11. He has been released from Lowndes County Adult Detention Center on $5,000 bond.
1. CPD investigating Sunday homicide COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Protesters in Columbus urge overturn of Ricky Ball decision, call for unity COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. MSU student injured, former student killed in DeSoto County car wreck STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Rep. Taylor, local activists plan racial justice march for Saturday STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Monday Profile: Together at Columbus High and MSMS, high-achieving duo goes separate ways for college COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY