Junior Auxiliary of Columbus announced that $45,000 in scholarships recently were awarded to 20 graduating high school seniors in Lowndes County.
Students from Caledonia High School, Columbus High School, the Mississippi School of Math and Science and New Hope High School received the awards.
Junior Auxiliary Scholarship committee members presented the awards to several recipients during award ceremonies held at their respective schools.
In 2014, two scholarships were created to honor the memory of former Junior Auxiliary of Columbus members Eleanor Slaughter and Terry Brewer. These two women demonstrated exceptional devotion to their communities and developed a sincere passion in servicing the children of Lowndes County. These are the largest awards given by the chapter and it is our honor to present these awards to the following outstanding seniors:
- Eleanor Slaughter Award recipient: Jerrika Pardubsky of Caledonia High School
- Terry Brewer Award recipient: Taylor Fulgham of New Hope High School
In addition, 18 one-time scholarships were awarded to the following local seniors:
- Caledonia High School: Sunny Logan
- Columbus High School: Jakylia Collins, Zacharia Harden, Zion Johnson, Madisyn Turner
- Mississippi School of Math and Science: Carolena Graham, Madison Flowers, Tsetsenkhaan Tsogt-Erdene, Nicholas Djedjos, Khushi Patel, Nala Nathan, Nathan Guy and Zaria Cooper
- New Hope High School: Breanna Roberts, Dayvion Gregory, Victoria “Jade” Carpenter, Meredith Wilson, Hannah East
For information on the scholarship program, visit jacolumbus.org/scholarship-program.