There’s no reason to skip Thanksgiving dinner because of a salmonella outbreak linked to raw turkey.
A Columbus woman has sued Connecticut food corporation Pepperidge Farm after she says she was hospitalized eating contaminated Goldfish crackers.
Before federal marshals led him from the courtroom en route to prison, possibly for the rest of his life, Stewart Parnell apologized years after his company’s peanut butter spawned a deadly outbreak of salmonella poisoning.
Federal court officers have recommended a sentence of life in prison for a peanut company executive convicted of selling salmonella-tainted food, a move that attorneys on both sides called “unprecedented” for a food-poisoning case.
Food safety advocates say a guilty verdict in a rare federal food-poisoning trial should send a stern warning to others who may be tempted to place profits over people’s welfare.
The government’s latest report card on food poisoning shows a dip in salmonella cases but an increase in illnesses from bacteria in raw shellfish.
Add those cute little hedgehogs to the list of pets that can make you sick.