The man accused of killing five people at the Capital Gazette newspaper in Annapolis, Maryland, changed his plea Monday to not guilty by reason of insanity.
ANNAPOLIS, Md. — A Maryland judge has extended the deadline for lawyers to file a possible plea of not criminally responsible by reason of insanity
A man charged with gunning down five people at a Maryland newspaper sent three letters on the day of the attack, police said, including one that said he was on his way to the Capital Gazette newsroom with the aim “of killing every person present.”
Less than a day after five of their colleagues were killed in the newsroom, staffers of the Capital Gazette put out Friday’s edition of the Annapolis newspaper, just as it had been published since 1727.
The man accused of killing five people at a Maryland newspaper was investigated five years ago for a barrage of menacing tweets against staff members, but a detective concluded he was no threat, and the paper didn’t want to press charges for fear of inflaming the situation, according to a police report released Friday.
A man who police say opened fire at a Maryland newspaper office Thursday, killing five and injuring two others, had a long, acrimonious history with the newspaper, including a lawsuit and years of harassment of its journalists on Twitter.
The grieving and the reporting sort of jumbled together for staffers at The Capital Gazette after a fatal shooting at the newspaper, but they were determined to put out the next day’s edition.
Twenty-seven cents. That’s what a newspaper in Canada has decided to charge per story for viewers who visit its digital edition and scroll around for news and information.
I’m so sorry your newspaper did not get the memo in time print something in your paper about this being Easter Sunday, the most important celebration in all Christendom.
It was bad enough when France learned that the minute of silence for victims of the nation’s deadliest terror attacks in decades was not respected by all students.