A fire at a Greensboro Street residence killed a number of animals Tuesday, but no injuries to humans were reported.
On Monday a home on Victor Road suffered extensive damage after what fire officials believe was a blaze started by an unattended heater or furnace.
Oktibbeha County volunteers quickly extinguished two structure fires Sunday night within hours of each other.
Residents of Lamar County will feel safer in the event of a fire when fire departments throughout the county finalize an aid agreement next month.
Two fires in Oktibbeha County that occurred at nearly the same time were both the cause of lightning strikes during a pop-up thunderstorm Thursday morning, according to the local fire departments that responded to the calls. Although no injuries were reported for either fire, both brought unexpected problems for the departments working them.
PASCAGOULA — Two teenagers have been arrested, accused of setting fires at Pascagoula’s recreation complex.