County officials sworn into office
Circuit Court Judge Jim Kitchens swears in Steve Wallace as the county’s new prosecutor Monday at the Lowndes County Courthouse. Wallace, joined by his children, Colt and Clara, was one of six new county officials to be sworn into office.
Circuit Court Judge Jim Kitchens swears in Eddie Hawkins as the county’s new sheriff Monday at the Lowndes County Courthouse. Hawkins, joined by his wife, Mary Helen, left the Mississippi Bureau of Narcotics to take the position.
Outgoing chancery clerk Lisa Younger Neese swears in her replacement, Cindy Goode, Monday at the Lowndes County Courthouse. Goode, joined by her husband, Barry, has been a deputy chancery clerk for 14 years.
Outgoing chancery clerk Lisa Younger Neese swears in Trip Hairston, John Holliman, Jeff Smith, Leroy Brooks and Harry Sanders as Lowndes County supervisors Monday at the Lowndes County Courthouse. Hairston is the only new supervisor, replacing District 2 Supervisor Bill Brigham, who did not seek reelection.
1. LCSD seeks cause of 100-plus roof leaks at New Hope High COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Two men charged with the rape of a 59-year-old woman COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Street flooding plagues North Columbus COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Man faces code violations from city for damage caused by police officer crashing into house COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Steens man allegedly held woman against her will, strangled her COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY