November 7, 2019 10:41:43 AM
A New Hope man was arrested over the weekend after allegedly strangling a woman.
Stephen Nerio Flores, 37, of Old Yorkville Road, has been charged with domestic violence-aggravated assault. Deputies with Lowndes County Sheriff's Office responded to Flores' residence Saturday after receiving a call about domestic violence, according to an LCSO press release. There a 39-year-old woman reported Flores had assaulted and strangled her.
The victim was taken to Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle to have her injuries treated, the press release said.
In Mississippi, strangulation in a domestic violence case is an automatic felony.
Flores is in Lowndes County Adult Detention Center on $10,000.
1. Protesters in Columbus urge overturn of Ricky Ball decision, call for unity COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. MSU student injured, former student killed in DeSoto County car wreck STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Texas man arrested in fatal hotel shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Airbus rises in uncertain times BUSINESS
5. Starkville considers granting permit for Saturday's racial justice march STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY