September 19, 2019 10:46:56 AM
A Crawford woman has been arrested after law enforcement discovered her two children alone in her home where they had been left for three days.
Priscilla Maxine Koger, 25, of Lodge Street, has been charged with two counts of child deprivation of necessaries. According to Lowndes County Sheriff's Office investigator Lt. Tony Cooper, deputies received a call to respond to Koger's home on Sunday. There, deputies found two children, ages 3 and 9, home alone in the residence while Koger was out of the state.
Cooper said the children had been left alone since Sept. 12, about three days. He added they were uninjured.
Deputies arrested Koger Monday. Child Protective Services took custody of the children, who are now with a different relative.
Koger is in custody at Lowndes County Adult Detention Center on $20,000 bond.
1. CPD investigating Sunday homicide COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Protesters in Columbus urge overturn of Ricky Ball decision, call for unity COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. MSU student injured, former student killed in DeSoto County car wreck STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Rep. Taylor, local activists plan racial justice march for Saturday STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Monday Profile: Together at Columbus High and MSMS, high-achieving duo goes separate ways for college COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY