May 14, 2019 12:01:49 PM
Due to a gas leak, Armstrong Middle School campus has closed and school officals have bussed all middle school students to the Starkville High School football stadium.
Starkville-Oktibbeha Consolidated School District officials notified parents on social media.
The campus closed after the gas leak was detected on the campus and parents have been notified to pick up children at the SHS football stadium's ticket booth, with proof of identification.
SOCSD Public Information Officer confirmed the gas leak to The Dispatch in a text message.
"Atmos Energy advised the evacuation after an elevated level of gas was detected in a test area," Thomas said in a text message.
1. Protesters in Columbus urge overturn of Ricky Ball decision, call for unity COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. MSU student injured, former student killed in DeSoto County car wreck STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Texas man arrested in fatal hotel shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Airbus rises in uncertain times BUSINESS
5. Starkville considers granting permit for Saturday's racial justice march STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY