May 14, 2019 12:01:49 PM
Due to a gas leak, Armstrong Middle School campus has closed and school officals have bussed all middle school students to the Starkville High School football stadium.
Starkville-Oktibbeha Consolidated School District officials notified parents on social media.
The campus closed after the gas leak was detected on the campus and parents have been notified to pick up children at the SHS football stadium's ticket booth, with proof of identification.
SOCSD Public Information Officer confirmed the gas leak to The Dispatch in a text message.
"Atmos Energy advised the evacuation after an elevated level of gas was detected in a test area," Thomas said in a text message.
1. Rotary speaker: It's high time Mississippi legalizes medical marijuana COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Ward 4 race swells to five candidates COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. County officials weigh 'what' and 'when' issues for sports complex COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Oktibbeha does not qualify for HOME program STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. 'No other fighter has done what he's done': City to dedicate street 'Henry Armstrong Way' COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY