May 14, 2019 12:01:49 PM
Due to a gas leak, Armstrong Middle School campus has closed and school officals have bussed all middle school students to the Starkville High School football stadium.
Starkville-Oktibbeha Consolidated School District officials notified parents on social media.
The campus closed after the gas leak was detected on the campus and parents have been notified to pick up children at the SHS football stadium's ticket booth, with proof of identification.
SOCSD Public Information Officer confirmed the gas leak to The Dispatch in a text message.
"Atmos Energy advised the evacuation after an elevated level of gas was detected in a test area," Thomas said in a text message.
1. Monday profile: Morris finds calling to medicine, Mississippi COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Winning: Love of baseball drives success for MSU head coach Chris Lemonis STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. County continues seeking easements for Blackjack Road project STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Makerspace movement continues to thrive in Starkville STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Lowndes County begins summer work program COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY