May 14, 2019 10:45:55 AM
A Starkville man has been arrested for child abuse after reportedly assaulting a 17-year-old victim at Brookville Garden apartments.
According to a Starkville Police Department press release, officers arrested Leviticus Bell, 18, on Sunday after responding to a reported assault at the apartment complex on Everglade Avenue.
The release said says Bell assaulted a female victim.
According to an affidavit The Dispatch obtained from Starkville municipal court, Bell is accused of striking the victim multiple times in the face with a closed fist and picking her up and slamming her into the ground, leading to her spraining her knee and her head hitting the side of a brick building. He's further accused of repeatedly slamming the victim's head into the side of the brick building, giving her a concussion.
A warrant was issued for Bell's arrest and he was later arrested at an apartment complex on Louisville Street, according to SPD's release. He's being held in the Oktibbeha County Jail on $20,000 bond.
1. Protesters in Columbus urge overturn of Ricky Ball decision, call for unity COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. MSU student injured, former student killed in DeSoto County car wreck STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Texas man arrested in fatal hotel shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Airbus rises in uncertain times BUSINESS
5. Starkville considers granting permit for Saturday's racial justice march STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY