May 14, 2019 10:45:55 AM
A Starkville man has been arrested for child abuse after reportedly assaulting a 17-year-old victim at Brookville Garden apartments.
According to a Starkville Police Department press release, officers arrested Leviticus Bell, 18, on Sunday after responding to a reported assault at the apartment complex on Everglade Avenue.
The release said says Bell assaulted a female victim.
According to an affidavit The Dispatch obtained from Starkville municipal court, Bell is accused of striking the victim multiple times in the face with a closed fist and picking her up and slamming her into the ground, leading to her spraining her knee and her head hitting the side of a brick building. He's further accused of repeatedly slamming the victim's head into the side of the brick building, giving her a concussion.
A warrant was issued for Bell's arrest and he was later arrested at an apartment complex on Louisville Street, according to SPD's release. He's being held in the Oktibbeha County Jail on $20,000 bond.
1. Rotary speaker: It's high time Mississippi legalizes medical marijuana COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Ward 4 race swells to five candidates COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. County officials weigh 'what' and 'when' issues for sports complex COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Oktibbeha does not qualify for HOME program STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. 'No other fighter has done what he's done': City to dedicate street 'Henry Armstrong Way' COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY