May 13, 2019 4:24:44 PM
An Oktibbeha County man arrested for the murder of three men in Artesia earlier this year has been indicted for capital murder.
A Lowndes County grand jury returned a true bill for Clark Allen, Jr., 20. Allen is accused of killing Demario Snell, 31, of Artesia, Mauricio Nance, 22, of Columbus, and Tyshun Fields, 24, of Crawford, in Snell's home at 23 Mobile Dr. on Jan. 15.
Authorites found the three victims in Snell's home after a neighbor reported hearing gunshots. According to arrest affidavits in Lowndes County Justice Court, multiple witnesses provided investigators with a description of Allen, who was arrested later that day. Authorities previously told The Dispatch the murders may have been drug-related.
Allen was denied bond and is currently in custody at Lowndes County Adult Detention Center.
1. Protesters in Columbus urge overturn of Ricky Ball decision, call for unity COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. MSU student injured, former student killed in DeSoto County car wreck STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Texas man arrested in fatal hotel shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Airbus rises in uncertain times BUSINESS
5. Starkville considers granting permit for Saturday's racial justice march STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY