December 5, 2018 10:47:19 AM
Starkville's board of aldermen on Tuesday initiated the search for a municipal judge to replace Rodney Faver.
Faver, who has served as Starkville's municipal judge since 2009, is leaving his position after winning the Chancery District 14, Place 1 judge's runoff election Nov. 27. Faver will take his new position at the beginning of 2019.
Aldermen unanimously voted to begin accepting applications from potential candidates. The city will accept applications through 5 p.m. on Dec. 10.
The board will hold a normal work session on Dec. 14 at 1:15 p.m. After that, at 3 p.m., the board will hold a special-call meeting to conduct interviews with judge candidates.
Aldermen could select a new municipal judge then or at its Dec. 18 regular board meeting.
1. Altercation during Bin 612 evacuation leads to criticism, planned changes STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Citizens, mayor plead to keep Fred's open COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Miller resigns as Ward 5 alderman to take job on coast STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Keenum: No plans to close T.K. Martin Center STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Lowndes voting locations moved COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY