October 11, 2018 10:36:34 AM
A Steens man was arrested earlier this week after allegedly attacking his grandfather.
Mason Lee McBrayer, 24, of 4016 Hwy 12 E., has been charged with abuse of the elderly.
Deputies with Lowndes County Sheriff's Office responded to a call from a home on Pebble Creek Drive in Steens at about 7 p.m. on Sunday. The victim, McBrayer's grandfather, reported McBrayer had attacked him and his dog earlier that evening, according to a LCSO report.
The victim said McBrayer was visiting and began cussing, yelling and kicking items across the living room floor. At one point, the victim said, McBrayer kicked the victim's three-pound dog across the room.
The victim then said McBrayer hit him in the head, knocking him unconscious. About an hour later, the victim went to a neighbor's home and called 911.
According to the report, the victim had two small lacerations on his head, as well as a laceration, bruise and lump on his right bicep.
The victim reported his head, neck and right shoulder and arm were hurting "very badly" but that he didn't think he needed to go to the hospital, the report said. The victim also said he wanted McBrayer punished to the furthest extent of the law.
McBrayer is out of Lowndes County Adult Detention Center on $1,000 bond.
1. Winning: Love of baseball drives success for MSU head coach Chris Lemonis STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Monday profile: Morris finds calling to medicine, Mississippi COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. County continues seeking easements for Blackjack Road project STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Makerspace movement continues to thrive in Starkville STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Lowndes County begins summer work program COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY