September 14, 2018 10:26:29 AM
Lowndes County Sheriff's Office has a person of interest in custody regarding a hit-and-run where a 21-year-old man riding a bicycle was hospitalized.
LCSO responded to the hit-and-run Thursday night at 7:19 p.m. on William Roberts Road at the intersection of Swedenburg Circle east of Columbus.
The victim was traveling east on William Roberts when the suspect hit him, according to a LCSO press release. He was flown to North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo for medical treatment. Authorities did not know his condition by press time.
LCSO Investigator Brent Swan told The Dispatch an 18-year-old female is in custody for questioning in the hit-and-run.
Investigators are asking anyone with more information to call LCSO at 662-328-1136 or Golden Triangle Crime Stoppers at 1-800-530-7151.
1. Altercation during Bin 612 evacuation leads to criticism, planned changes STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Citizens, mayor plead to keep Fred's open COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Miller resigns as Ward 5 alderman to take job on coast STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Keenum: No plans to close T.K. Martin Center STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Lowndes voting locations moved COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY