September 13, 2018 11:01:28 AM
PRENTISS -- Two brothers are charged following Monday's discovery of seven large marijuana fields in south Mississippi.
WDAM-TV reports Darren Fortenberry was arrested Monday and released Wednesday after posting $150,000 bail. Older brother Randy Thompson was arrested Tuesday and released without bail because of a medical condition.
Mississippi Bureau of Narcotics Director John Dowdy has said agents are seeking other suspects. The bureau says at least some of the 40 acres of marijuana was located on land in Jefferson Davis County owned by relatives of the brothers.
Agents seized nearly 70,000 marijuana plants with an estimated value of $70 million.
Dowdy says the operation included irrigation and electricity. He says it resembles another sophisticated pot farm found in the county last year.
Dowdy says all the plants have been destroyed.
1. Altercation during Bin 612 evacuation leads to criticism, planned changes STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Citizens, mayor plead to keep Fred's open COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Miller resigns as Ward 5 alderman to take job on coast STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Keenum: No plans to close T.K. Martin Center STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Lowndes voting locations moved COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY