Local law enforcement agencies reported these felony arrests over the past week:
Columbus Police Department
- William Chad Hill, 32, 100 Winchester Drive, was arrested Wednesday on Idlewild Road. He was charged with driving under influence of drugs or alcohol, third offense, and a misdemeanor of excessive or unreasonable noise. His bond has not been set.
Lowndes County Sheriff”s Office
- Kenndrick Jamal Webber, 21, of 203 Mahogany Drive, was arrested June 28 at his residence. He was charged with two counts of possession, sale or transfer of a stolen firearm. His bond was set at 1,000.
- Kendell Haynes, 40, of 111 Elk Circle, was transferred June 29 from the Monroe County Jail to Columbus. He is charged with shoplifting, third offense or $250 or more. His bond was set at $15,000.
- Joshua Wayne Haynes, 18, of 278 Christian Circle, was arrested Friday at his residence. He was charged with burglary — breaking and entering a dwelling — and two counts of burglary of other property. His bond was set at $15,000.
- Quaylin Curtis Smith, 19, of 1308 Military Road, was arrested Friday at William Roberts Road. He was charged with possession of marijuana more than an ounce, and his bond was set at $5,000.
- Spencer Dakota Howell, 21, of 333 Parra Drive, was arrested Sunday on Frontage Road. He was charged with possession of cocaine, and four misdemeanors: Driving without insurance, failure to yield to a blue light, seat belt violation and disorderly conduct. His bond was set at $5,000.
Mississippi Highway Patrol
- Dennis Lee Brooks, 42, of 135 Sand Road in Starkville, was arrested Saturday on westbound Highway 82. He was charged with DUI, third offense. His bond was set at $3,500.
You can help your community
Quality, in-depth journalism is essential to a healthy community. The Dispatch brings you the most complete reporting and insightful commentary in the Golden Triangle, but we need your help to continue our efforts. Please consider subscribing to our website for only $2.30 per week to help support local journalism and our community.