A 27-year-old man charged with an August robbery and kidnapping has been extradited from Memphis, Tenn., to Columbus.
Lavento Shamon Fox, of 1624 Fourth Ave. S., faces a long list of felony charges, the latest of which stem from an Aug. 16 incident, when he and another man allegedly broke into a house in the 1500 block of 13th Avenue North.
Fox and the other man, both masked, tried to rob the two occupants of the house, Columbus police said.
One of the suspects escaped during a scuffle at the house and the other, who was put in the trunk of his 2003 Honda Acura, was able to escape after unlocking the trunk from inside.
Police located Fox, who was staying in Flairwood Townhomes on Tchulahoma Road with 34-year-old Kito Hill, after receiving a Crime Stoppers tip.
Both men were found hiding in the insulation in the attic.
Fox is charged with two counts of armed robbery, two counts of burglary of a dwelling, two counts of kidnapping, possessing a weapon while a felon and burglary, all felonies. He also faces a misdemeanor charge of failure to obey a police officer.
Hill is charged in Memphis with being an accessory after the fact and resisting official detention.
The Lowndes County Sheriff”s Office also reported the following felony arrests:
- Quinton Lamar Brewer, 21, of 1708 23rd St. N., was arrested Thursday on Fourth Avenue North by Columbus police. He was charged with possession of marijuana and resisting arrest, both misdemeanors, and shooting or hurling missiles at a train and malicious mischief, both felonies.
Brewer was last arrested July 26 on charges of aggravated assault with a weapon and domestic assault.
- Marcus Montrell Harkins, 26, of 78 Suggs Road, was arrested Thursday at 677 Yorkville Road by sheriff”s deputies. He was charged with grand larceny of more than $500 and a misdemeanor charge of making harassing telephone calls.
- Ashley Keyes, 25, of 3700 Buena Vista Road in Columbus, Ga., was transferred Sunday from the Muscogee County, Ga., Sheriff”s Office to Lowndes County. She is charged with acting under a false pretense.
- Michael Anthony Standifer, 40, of 912 Waterworks Road, was arrested Sunday by police at Martin Luther King Jr. Drive. He was charged with DUI, third offense, and misdemeanor charges of driving with a suspended driver”s license and driving without insurance.
- James U. Kennedy, 39, of 9150 Lockheart Road, was transferred Sunday from the Livingston Parish, La., jail to Lowndes County. He faces a charge of acting under a false pretense.