Columbus City Council voted 5-1 Tuesday night to signal its intent to issue a $6.5 million general obligation bond to pay for capital improvements, despite concerns from some council members over the city's existing debt and the financial outlook amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
The allegation that Oktibbeha County Engineer Clyde Pritchard has a conflict of interest in the potential replacement of the Oktibbeha County Lake Dam is unfounded, according to Pritchard and peer engineers from other counties.
By 9:30 Wednesday morning, a line of about 60 cars were aligned in serpentine fashion in the parking lot of Spiller Furniture in Starkville.
Jason Roden opened STAGgerIn Sports Bar in the Cotton District on April 1, 2011. No joke. Nearly a decade later, the sports bar will soon relocate to College View with a few surprises in store for its loyal customer base.
1. Protesters in Columbus urge overturn of Ricky Ball decision, call for unity COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. MSU student injured, former student killed in DeSoto County car wreck STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Texas man arrested in fatal hotel shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Airbus rises in uncertain times BUSINESS
5. Starkville considers granting permit for Saturday's racial justice march STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY