Long idling times for vehicles, joyriding and other misuses -- a 2014 J5 Broaddus study of Global Positioning System (GPS) data from trackers mounted on Columbus city vehicles found these and other inefficiencies.
Southern Cross Transmission filed a petition with the Mississippi Public Service Commission on Tuesday formally proposing a route for the company's 400-mile, 500-kilovolt wind energy line.
Democratic mayoral challenger Selvain McQueen walked out of a candidate forum six days ago at Sim Scott Park. On Tuesday, for a planned mayoral forum in the Mississippi University for Women's Nissan Auditorium, he didn't even walk in.
The three Democrats running in Starkville's mayoral race -- Damion Poe, local attorney Johnny Moore and former city chief administrative officer Lynn Spruill -- have raised a combined $80,000 in campaign contributions this year, but that figure lags behind how much their counterparts had raised by this time in 2013's municipal race.
When I was in college Atkins was the new diet plan. There we were at the University of Georgia, eating steak with butter and drinking scotch because it didn't have carbs.
1. Business booms for Starkville startup Glo STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. New Hope kids take robot to world competition COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Three mayoral candidates no-shows at forum COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Mayoral forum to be held at MUW COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Neal withdraws from Starkville's Ward 5 race STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY