WEST POINT — The West Point High School football team was well represented Wednesday on National Signing Day. Four Green Wave players signed letters of intent to take their skills and talents to the next level.
Starkville High School defensive end Johnathan Archie is ready for a fresh start. Archie is prepared to take full advantage of the chance after he signed Wednesday to play football for the Jackson State Tigers of the Southwestern Athletic Conference.
Antonio Griggs prefers to take a positive approach. But even someone who has a reputation for being a hard worker and for setting a good example had to be a little concerned that there weren’t a lot of schools recruiting him to play football.
One opportunity was enough for Johnny Cockrell. Picking one destination proved to be a little tougher than Billy Autrey imagined.
Each story on National Signing Day is unique. And even though Jonathan Guerry, Josh Ferguson, and Tamicdrius Davis took different paths to realize their dreams Wednesday, each started out with at least a little doubt that they would be able to continue their football careers in college.
Entering the 2008-09 season, the Caledonia High School boys soccer team and first-year coach Morgan Mansfield had to find a way to figure out how to solidify the defense.
1. Lukabu takes over MSU linebackers COLLEGE SPORTS
2. Fast start carries Columbus basketball team past Oxford HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS
3. No. 3 MSU women look for 20th win at No. 6 Tennessee COLLEGE SPORTS
4. Heritage Academy powers past Starkville Academy; SA girls win HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS
5. New Hope's Melton signs with Northeast Mississippi C.C. HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS