August 30, 2009 12:12:00 AM
GREENWOOD -- The Oak Hill Academy Raiders rallied in the second half, but lost to Pillow Academy 48-21 on Friday night.
Oak Hill Academy outscored Pillow Academy 21-7 in the second half after trailing 41-0 at halftime.
Quarterback Davis Clayton got the Raiders (0-2) on the scoreboard in the third quarter when he scored on a 10-yard run.
Jake Orman scored twice for the Raiders in the final quarter on runs of 12 and 15 yards.
Reid Posey was successful on all three extra points for Oak Hill Academy.
n DeSoto School 35, Hebron Christian 7: At West Helena, Ark., Marquise Robinson scored on a 5-yard run in the fourth quarter to help the Eagles avoid the shutout Friday night.
Hebron Christian (0-2) trailed 14-0 after the first quarter, 21-0 at halftime, and 35-0 at the end of the third period to DeSoto School, last year''s Mississippi Private School Association Class A state champion.
The leading rusher for Hebron Christian was Ryan Pinnix with 76 yards on 20 carries.
The Eagles'' leading tacklers were J.D. Edwards with eight and Blake Harrell and Hearne Foster with five each.
n Lamar School 43, Starkville Academy 7: At Meridian, the Volunteers avoided a shutout Friday night when Kyle Henson scored on a 7-yard run in the fourth quarter.
Starkville Academy (0-2) fell behind 21-0 at the end of the first quarter, trailed 35-0 at halftime, and 43-0 after the third period.
1. New Hope standout Johnson signs with East Tennessee State COLLEGE SPORTS
2. Excitement abounds as Starkville HIgh is set to name Woods new coach HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS
3. MSU men's basketball adds four-star prospect Holman COLLEGE SPORTS
4. Shaw picks up pace in Limited Late Model race LOCAL SPORTS
5. West Lowndes' Crawford signs baseball offer with Tougaloo HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS