I've never written a letter to the editor before, but having known Fred Kinder since we both worked in the mall some 30 years or so ago, after seeing him on Sunday's front page I just feel compelled.
The socialist protesters turned out in Chicago and Trump canceled rally for fear of violence to those in attendance. I am thankful no one was shot. You know it was in Chicago.
Mississippi's transportation system is a vital part of our state's economy. It is one of the key factors when industry is looking to locate in our state.
A recent incident in Vicksburg, MS refutes The Dispatch's position that "gun ownership only gives an illusion of safety." Rafael McCloud, an escapee from the Warren County jail, who was accused of one of Vicksburg's most gruesome murders, met his end Thursday when he was shot and killed by homeowners whose home he had invaded.
I am not a native Mississippian, but I have called Columbus home for eight years. During this time I have observed, through The Dispatch, the bickering then cooling and now bickering between two giants of our county, Harry and Leroy.
1. Slimantics: Country Mouse vs. City Mouse LOCAL COLUMNS
2. Editorial cartoons for 8-24-16 NATIONAL COLUMNS
3. Leonard Pitts: How conservative pundits helped break reality NATIONAL COLUMNS
4. Our View: All of us play a role in ensuring veterans services DISPATCH EDITORIALS
5. Kathleen Parker: Hillary's heel NATIONAL COLUMNS