A rose to the organizers, volunteers and donors who, for 30 years now, have provided children with cancer an escape from the often-difficult realities of being a patient through a week-long summer camp at the Columbus-Lowndes YMCA's Camp Pratt.
A rose to Columbus High basketball star Robert Woodard II, who is proving to be as big a winner off the court as he is on it.
A rose to Lowndes County Rep. Jeff Smith, who used his authority as chairman of the House Ways & Means Committee to block an attempt to fine state universities for not flying the Mississippi flag.
1. Ask Rufus: Highway 45 North to the Ocean LOCAL COLUMNS
2. Roses and thorns: 7/23/17 ROSES & THORNS
3. Partial to Home: Collecting the past LOCAL COLUMNS
4. Steve Chapman: Mike Pence's opportunity NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Patrick J. Buchanan: Is Iran in our gun sights now? NATIONAL COLUMNS