July 10, 2014 11:03:48 AM
Groundhogs, woodchucks and nutrias
The picture in Tuesday's Freeze Frame titled "Harvey's last day" is of a nutria rat not a groundhog. Groundhogs or woodchuck's have a very short tail, coarse fur and do not have webbed feet. Both are numerous in Lowndes County but the nutria is a water animal that gets out on land only to feed on grasses or anything green and growing. Groundhogs compete with the nutria for food, but he is strictly a land animal.
1. Our View: Turner's good qualities should not be forgotten DISPATCH EDITORIALS
2. Our View: Is Mickens underpaid or under a rock? DISPATCH EDITORIALS
3. Voice of the people: Lee Roy Lollar LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
4. Voice of the people: Bob Altman LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
5. Editorial cartoons for 6-21-17 NATIONAL COLUMNS