September 18, 2012 5:57:38 AM
Appreciates watchful eye of CPD
I would like to urge our community to use a wonderful service provided by the Columbus Police Department. My husband and I were recently preparing for a week's vacation. Before we left, I filled out a very short form at police headquarters asking the patrol officers for my neighborhood to keep a special watch on my home. The form asks, among other questions, the make and color of any vehicle that will be left. We were surprised, in a good way, when a police car pulled up in our driveway at 8 a.m. on the morning of departure to check out the too many parked cars. My husband had a conversation with the officers and they told him what their coverage would be. I knew we were in good hands and left town with the utmost confidence in Officer Sherman and his partner.
Thank you, Columbus Police Department.
1. Our View: Allgood should not be dictating actions of Justice Court DISPATCH EDITORIALS
2. Voice of the people: Cameron Triplett LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
3. Froma Harrop: Innocents online with Ashley Madison NATIONAL COLUMNS
4. Possumhaw: The eye of the spider LOCAL COLUMNS
5. Susan Estrich: President Trump? NATIONAL COLUMNS