Grab the nearest kindergartner and tell her this: Stay in school and study hard because Mississippi's long-term economic outlook depends on you. If you slack off and drop out before getting a decent level of education, your state government -- that is, your fellow citizens -- might have to pay higher interest rates to retire long-term public debt 20 years from now.
1. Sunday morning wreck claims three lives COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. 3 die in Lowndes County crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. No-jangles: Starkville Bojangles closes STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Hickman begins his first day as Columbus schools superintendent COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Photo: No fuel, no rocket COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY