January 21, 2019 10:59:55 AM
An individual found deceased at the Columbus Lock and Dam over the weekend is believed to have died by suicide.
Authorities responded to the lock and dam Saturday evening where the deceased was found near a vehicle.
Lowndes County Coroner Greg Merchant said the victim is a 54-year-old from West Point and that his injuries do appear to have been self-inflicted.
1. CPD investigator faces discipline for misusing resources COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Burkhalter Rigging files bankruptcy COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Hotel death suspect pleads guilty to manslaughter COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Lime pulling out of Starkville, MSU STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Slime dunk: MSU center McCowan teaches Starkville children how to make slime at Emerson STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY