August 7, 2018 10:50:55 AM
The contents of this article have been modified since its original posting.
A toddler died after being hit by a car in north Columbus Monday morning.
Lowndes County Coroner Greg Merchant identified the victim as 15-month-old Colton Hertrick. He said Hertrick died after being hit by a vehicle at his family's home.
The accident occurred at about 11 a.m. on Fox Run Curve, which is in a neighborhood off Highway 45 in north Columbus.
Multiple agencies are investigating the death, including Columbus Air Force Base, where Hertrick's father is a student pilot. Merchant said the death is likely to be ruled accidental.
Columbus Police Department and Lowndes County Coroner's Office also are assisting with the investigation. None of the investigating agencies have indicated there was criminal wrongdoing and no one is in custody.
1. Sticking together: Triplets coming to MSU together after brother's acceptance to ACCESS program STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Suspect nabbed for harassing phone calls to business COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Monday profile: Local antique shop owner offers wisdom on helping others COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Retail Coach to update council on progress COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Man arrested for allegedly shooting into a dwelling COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY