July 12, 2018 10:36:31 AM
A Columbus man accused of shooting at 13-year-old last month was charged with aggravated assault in Columbus Municipal Court Wednesday.
On Monday, investigators with Columbus Police Department arrested Brylen Lataveon Gore, 18, of 135 Pandora Dr., for the assault. Police Chief Fred Shelton confirmed Gore is the accused shooter of a 13-year-old in East Columbus on June 26.
The 13-year-old, who police have not identified, was walking on McCrary Road with his brother and another individual shortly after 8:30 p.m. when Gore allegedly shot him in the leg.
The victim was taken to a hospital in Jackson. Shelton said Thursday he was released earlier this week.
Gore's bond was set at $350,000. He is currently in custody at Lowndes County Adult Detention Center.
1. Surrendering animals: A pet owner's last resort COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Man killed in weekend hit-and-run on Hwy 373 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus-Lowndes Airport searches for new operator after the last one stalls COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. LCSD Career Tech students do mock interviews with real employers COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Hamilton man arrested for carjacking COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY