July 5, 2018 10:27:33 AM
City Parks Director Greg Lewis was unanimously re-appointed to the Columbus Housing Authority (CHA) at the Columbus City Council meeting on Tuesday.
The term will run for five years.
Donna Hankee also applied for the position.
The CHA is a "high performer" status organization that uses HUD funds to provide housing to low-income families. Lewis was originally made director of the Columbus-Lowndes Recreation Authority in 2014. When the entity split into two on October 1, 2017, Lewis moved to director for Columbus Recreation Department.
Councilmen also unanimously re-appointed Elizabeth Terry to the Columbus-Lowndes Convention and Visitors Bureau board on Tuesday as the restaurant owner or employee nominee. Her term will run for three years.
The CVB board will be holding a retreat on July 30 to re-work its budget, as the majority of their funding came from a county wide 2-percent restaurant tax, which expired June 30.
1. Surrendering animals: A pet owner's last resort COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Man killed in weekend hit-and-run on Hwy 373 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus-Lowndes Airport searches for new operator after the last one stalls COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. LCSD Career Tech students do mock interviews with real employers COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Hamilton man arrested for carjacking COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY