July 5, 2018 10:18:07 AM
HOUSTON -- A furniture company is building a $2.7 million warehouse in northeast Mississippi and plans 60 new jobs over four years.
Franklin Corp. announced Monday that it began building the warehouse last month in Houston, where it now has 1,000 employees. The warehouse, to be completed this fall, will store upholstery covers and other imported components.
Mississippi Development Authority spokeswoman Tammy Craft says the state is directing $1.2 million in federal community development money to build a road, with the city of Houston providing a 10 percent match.
Craft says the warehouse will qualify for property tax breaks, but couldn't provide a projected value. Franklin will also qualify for corporate income tax credits worth up to 5 percent of payroll of new jobs
Franklin wouldn't say how much employees earn.
1. Sticking together: Triplets coming to MSU together after brother's acceptance to ACCESS program STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Suspect nabbed for harassing phone calls to business COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Monday profile: Local antique shop owner offers wisdom on helping others COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Retail Coach to update council on progress COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Man arrested for allegedly shooting into a dwelling COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY