July 2, 2018 10:02:19 AM
The contents of this article have been modified since its original posting.
A motorist who died Sunday was suffering from medical complications and not from injuries received in a car accident, according to Lowndes County Coroner Greg Merchant.
Merchant identified the victim as Reventer Williams, 37, of 1508 Eighth St. S. Merchant said Williams was driving on the Highway 82 bypass near the 18th Avenue exit Sunday morning when he felt ill and pulled off the road. He was taken to Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle where he died.
At 10:49 a.m., the Columbus Police Department Tweeted Williams died as the result of a car accident after he ran off the road and his vehicle flipped. A CPD press release at 11:15 also said the vehicle flipped over in an accident.
CPD Tweeted later Sunday evening that the vehicle had not flipped. Merchant confirmed to The Dispatch Williams did not wreck his vehicle.
1. Surrendering animals: A pet owner's last resort COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Man killed in weekend hit-and-run on Hwy 373 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus-Lowndes Airport searches for new operator after the last one stalls COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. LCSD Career Tech students do mock interviews with real employers COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Hamilton man arrested for carjacking COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY