May 10, 2018 11:04:43 AM
LAS VEGAS -- Brother can you spare a dime? How about 8 million of them?
A semi-trailer truck hauling $800,000 worth of dimes crashed Tuesday into a guard rail on an interstate near Las Vegas, spilling thousands of coins on the side of the road.
State troopers established a crime scene so a recovery team could collect the money.
The Nevada Highway Patrol says the truck was heading south on I-15 about 50 miles from Las Vegas when it hit a guard rail in the early morning.
KSNV-TV reported Wednesday the truck was hauling the money under a contract with the U.S. Treasury Department when it dumped the load and several bags split open.
The driver and a passenger were taken to a hospital. Their injuries aren't considered life-threatening.
1. CAFB pilots released from hospital after crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Three finalists announced for CMSD superintendent spot COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Five arrested in suspected fraud operation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Ex-Columbus-Lowndes Airport manager arrested for embezzlement COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Starkville could settle Pride lawsuit this week STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY