May 11, 2018 11:19:17 AM
The contents of this article have been modified since its original posting.
Investigators with Columbus Police Department are asking for the public's help identifying a suspect from a Sunday vehicle shooting.
The shooting occurred near the intersection of 18th Avenue and Seventh Street North, according to a CPD press release. The victim, who called from the parking lot of Wal-Mart on Highway 45 shortly after midnight Sunday morning, reported a suspect followed the victim's vehicle to the 18th Avenue area and allegedly fired four shots into the victim's vehicle.
There were no injuries, the press release said.
The victim told investigators he had been involved in an argument with someone earlier, but was unsure whether the person he argued with was the shooter, CPD Chief Fred Shelton said.
Investigators who responded found multiple shell casings at the crime scene, and Shelton said the shooting was not random.
The press release did not indicate whether the victim could identify the suspect by name.
Anyone with information on the shooting is asked to call Golden Triangle Crimestoppers at 1-800-530-7151.
1. CAFB pilots released from hospital after crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Three finalists announced for CMSD superintendent spot COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Five arrested in suspected fraud operation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Ex-Columbus-Lowndes Airport manager arrested for embezzlement COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Starkville could settle Pride lawsuit this week STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY