April 12, 2018 11:17:24 AM
A Columbus man is accused of sexually assaulting a woman a week ago.
Officers with Columbus Police Department arrested Raymon Walter, 54, of 307 Warpath Road Monday morning. Walter has been charged with one count of sexual battery for attacking a woman on April 4, according to a CPD press release.
Walter visited the victim on the day of the attack, the press release said. After the two talked, she got into a car with him. He then reportedly threatened her with a weapon before sexually assaulting her.
The victim is currently recovering from injuries suffered in the attack, the press release said.
Walter and the victim knew each other.
Walter has been released from Lowndes County Adult Detention Center Tuesday after posting $25,000 bond.
1. Cracker Barrel employee shot at restaurant COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. MSU alum, convenience store owner gives away Rally Bananas to MSU fans in Omaha STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. CMSD board approves sale of Lee Middle property COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Prather named interim CEO for Partnership STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Arrest report 6-21-18 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY