March 13, 2018 10:37:20 AM
Four people were injured in a multi-vehicle collision with a parked car on Lampkin Street Monday morning, according to Starkville Police Department.
Three of the four victims in the crash, including one juvenile, have been treated and released, according to the SPD. One adult victim has been transported from OCH Regional Medical Center to another hospital for treatment.
The crash, which involved four vehicles, happened at about 10:45 a.m. Monday on Lampkin Street between South Montgomery and Russell Streets.
One vehicle in the incident was occupied by an adult, who was treated at OCH. The second vehicle, according to SPD, was occupied by an adult and a juvenile. The juvenile has been released after receiving treatment at OCH, but the adult was taken to a different hospital. SPD declined to identify what hospital the adult was transferred to.
An adult in the third vehicle has been treated and released, and the parked vehicle was unoccupied at the time of the crash.
SPD closed the portion of Lampkin Street between Russell and South Montgomery streets after the crash, though the road reopened by 2:30 p.m.
Police are investigating the causes of the crash, and declined to comment Monday afternoon on if alcohol may have been involved.
SPD asks that anyone with information on the incident contact the department at 662-323-4131 or Golden Triangle Crime Stoppers at 1-800-530-7151.
1. Builder of houses and people: Caledonia builder, Realtor dies at age 89 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. A church within reach COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Starkville to begin mulling residential parking ordinance change STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Trio gets 40 years for pizza delivery robberies COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Man faces assault charge for Columbus shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY