March 7, 2018 10:56:56 AM
A man accused of cutting a woman's throat is in custody at Lowndes County Adult Detention Center for attempted murder.
Jarvis Jennings, 31, of 2676 Sand Road, turned himself in to Lowndes County Sheriff's Office Tuesday, according to a LCSO press release. He has been charged with attempt to commit an offense.
Deputies had been searching for him since Saturday night when he allegedly slashed a woman's throat in a car outside a Sand Road residence.
The woman was taken to Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle where she received stitches. She has since been released, according to the press release.
Jennings' bond was set at $150,000.
1. MSU alum, convenience store owner gives away Rally Bananas to MSU fans in Omaha STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Four arrested for hotel robbery STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Teen arrested for holding two people at gunpoint STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. City contractor appointed to CLW board COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Cracker Barrel employee shot at restaurant COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY