March 6, 2018 11:17:53 AM
A Starkville man was arrested Sunday for attempting to steal a firearm from the Academy Sports and Outdoors store off Highway 12.
Starkville Police Department arrested 26-year-old Billy Shed on suspicion of possession of a stolen firearm and possession of a weapon by a felon after the Sunday night incident.
Shed was booked into the Oktibbeha County Jail, and released Monday night on $5,000 bond.
According to Oktibbeha County Circuit Court records, Shed was convicted for burglary of a dwelling and auto burglary in May 2010. He was sentenced to 10 years in the custody of the Mississippi Department of Corrections, including the completion of the regimented inmate discipline program for the burglary of a dwelling charge, and five years in the custody of MDOC and completion of the regimented inmate discipline program for the auto burglary charge.
1. MSU alum, convenience store owner gives away Rally Bananas to MSU fans in Omaha STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Four arrested for hotel robbery STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Cracker Barrel employee shot at restaurant COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Teen arrested for holding two people at gunpoint STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. City contractor appointed to CLW board COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY