March 6, 2018 11:17:35 AM
A Smithville man is facing a felony charge after he attacked an Oktibbeha County deputy early Sunday morning.
Authorities arrested Peyton Bradley Horn, 21, suspicion of simple assault on a police office, resisting arrest and public drunkenness. According to a sheriff's department release, the charges stem from a call of assault to the 800 block of St. Andrews Lane in the Highlands Plantation in Oktibbeha County at about 3:41 a.m. Sunday.
The officer Horn reportedly attacked was not significantly injured in the incident, according to the release.
Horn is out of the Oktibbeha County Jail on $11,000 bond.
1. MSU alum, convenience store owner gives away Rally Bananas to MSU fans in Omaha STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Four arrested for hotel robbery STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Cracker Barrel employee shot at restaurant COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Teen arrested for holding two people at gunpoint STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. City contractor appointed to CLW board COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY