February 22, 2018 11:24:41 AM
A man wanted for child abuse is now in the custody of Lowndes County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies arrested Anthony Deon Gilmore, 22, Tuesday, five days after LCSO issued a press release asking the public for help finding him. Investigators received reports about the abuse last week.
LCSO Chief Deputy Marc Miley said the victim, who is under the age of 5, was treated for injuries at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle but added he thought the child has since been released. Gilmore and the victim are acquaintances, he said.
Gilmore was charged with one count of child abuse. He is being held in Lowndes County Adult Detention Center on $25,000 bond.
1. MSU alum, convenience store owner gives away Rally Bananas to MSU fans in Omaha STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Four arrested for hotel robbery STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Cracker Barrel employee shot at restaurant COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Teen arrested for holding two people at gunpoint STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. City contractor appointed to CLW board COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY