February 9, 2018 11:22:16 AM
Columbus Police Department are searching for a suspect in a Thursday night kidnapping.
Police responded to a call at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle shortly after 9 p.m. about a woman who had arrived with injuries she apparently got during an assault outside Kmart on Highway 45 North, according to a CPD press release.
The victim told investigators that at about 6 p.m., she and an ex-boyfriend got into an altercation in the Kmart parking lot when he forced her into a car and drove her around Columbus before later letting her go, the release said. A friend took the victim to the hospital where she was treated and released for various minor injuries.
Police did not release information on how long the victim was with the kidnapper.
No suspect is in custody, and the case is still under investigation.
1. Sweet Adeline: Child's future hangs in balance as Columbus family awaits liver transplant COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Petition calls for Baptist to reinstate privileges for longtime OBGYN COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Cannizaro out as MSU baseball coach STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Man gets life sentences for kidnapping, sexual battery COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Luckett resigning from SOCSD school board STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY